Let’s get straight into it!
- For every 30 mins of studying, take a small, refreshing 5 min break. In these 5 mins, do something you love! Repeat this and you can effortlessly study for 6 hours straight!
- Maintain a study lamp. Turn on the lamp to make the ambiance a little intense; it will let you concentrate better.
- Be ACTIVE in learning! Don’t just blindly memorize stuff. Rote-memorization never works(If you’re going for long-term memory).Understand what you’re reading. Ask yourself: Am I learning a concept or a fact? Also, if you are memorizing a formula, make sure you go through its proof or derivation, as they help you remember them clearly and for a really long time.
- Sleep properly, 8 hrs on an average. Sleep throughout the night and try not to wake up often.
- Take notes, attend all sessions, and participate actively, by asking relevant doubts and questions.
- Teach someone else! (this is certainly my favorite one). If you don’t have siblings at home, try teaching a chair.(no kidding)
- Use mnemonics, acronyms, coined sayings, interactive images, flash cards and everything you can do to memorize facts and other stuff.
- SQ3R [ Survey Question Recite Read Review]
- Do not multitask. Watching television while doing history is as bad as reading the movie while watching history.
Hope this helps! 🙂